Friday, February 24, 2017

Anonymous Love Letters


Last week I went to the post office and found a hand written letter in my box.  I was pretty excited.  I miss letters.  Well, I opened it and wouldn't you know it, it was a hate letter.  It was silly and delusional and signed, "A Lunenburger"  I do know who wrote it because after sharing it on Facebook someone had a signed letter with the same hand writing.  Really, I feel sorry for this person.  I would recommend taking up knitting.  Put beauty into the world.

But speaking of beauty.... Today I went to check the mail and there were two more letters waiting for me.  My first reaction, of course, was, Oh God, get a life.  But I opened them up and wouldn't you know it, they were both anonymous love letters.   I won't share the contents, but to whoever wrote them...I love you.  You are sweet and caring, you made me smile and you are the Lunenburg I focus on. Love trumps hate.

There is one particularly charming part of this story.  All three letters were addressed to Anna Shoub, Lunenburg.  No PO Box, no street address.  Is that not the best?  I do love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.