Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Talking Corn With Graham Steele

Yesterday I was invited  by Graham Steele to come speak to his Dalhousie students about corn.

O.K.  it was actually to talk about Home Based Business.  Graham sent me this photo and after posting it on Facebook, with a comment questioning what word was causing my mouth to look so distorted, my friend Myra posted the corn photo.  It took me the better part of a day to stop laughing.

I won't talk a lot about the day other than to say that it was a great experience and I was really honoured to be asked and I'm grateful that Graham so politely said,  What you have written is good, but how about throwing it in the garbage and just telling your story. That's exactly what I did. I just told my story. Once again I was pushed out of my comfort zone, but that seems to be the theme of my life lately.

In case you didn't catch my subtle link the first time around, click HERE to learn about the book that Graham wrote about his life in politics.  I plan to buy it very soon.  From what I have heard, he talks a lot about what I experienced in these past couple of years.  (Check with your local bookseller before buying it from Amazon.) 

And now back to my regularly scheduled beautiful Nova Scotia summer filled with hat making, gardening,  bike riding, walking and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.