Sunday, February 7, 2016

A True Story About Little Stevie


True Story.  (This is the way my son begins every lie, but I swear to you this is true)  A couple of summers ago, a sweet older lady from the Annapolis Valley came to my studio to buy a hat from me.  She had some trouble finding me and suggested that I put a sign up.  I explained to her that the town of Lunenburg had told me that I could not hang my sign before installing two fire doors, rebuilding the front and back entrances, install emergency lighting,  put in a handicapped washroom and three car parking.  She looked around my 280 sq. ft. studio, sat down and shook her head.  Then she announced to me that she had been Stephen McNeil's grade two teacher and that she was going to give him a good talking to.  She assured me that he was a good boy and so were his brothers.  I thanked her very much, outfitted her with the perfect hat and she went on her merry way.


If Stephen McNeil's 80 year old aunt can get him to back down on the changes to Pharmacare, might his grade two teacher have some influence when it comes to understanding permitted home based businesses?  Where did I put her number?

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.