Monday, January 25, 2016

Dear Minister Furey, For My Birthday......


Dear Minister Furey,

Tomorrow is my birthday.  It's been a long, hard year for me.  I'll be 48, going on 84.  My husband taught me, the hard way, that if you don't tell a man what you want for your birthday, you're libel to wind up with a deer whistle or a tree pruner.  (true story)

Before I spill the beans as to what I really, really want, I'd first like to say that I think you're the best.
I know, I can be very critical of government, but ultimately, from my hat maker's perspective, I see all parties made up of individuals.  Some of them are good guys and some of them are bad guys and some of them are just collecting paychecks, but I think you are one of the good guys.  You alone, brought the obstacles facing home based businesses before the NS government.  You, alone,  gave me the opportunity to present before the Building Advisory Committee and the Department of Business.  You have actually payed attention to a citizen.  That is a rare and remarkable thing.   Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

So, now I'll just come out with it.  Could I pleeeeaaaassseee have provincial clarification for my birthday.  Halifax knows perfectly well that Home Based Businesses, where permitted by land use are residential occupancies.  The rest of North America knows this, too.  It really shouldn't be this hard.  One little phone call and we will be all done.  I'll never ask you for anything else in my life.  (don't believe me)
If I can't have that, carrot cake is my second choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.